Kechara Soup Kitchen Johor – Volunteering
EVENT DATE & TIME
1 Oct, 2020 - 31 Dec, 2025
EVENT WEBSITELEARN MORE
A charitable NGO giving out free food to the homeless, free food ration to the poor and empowering the unemployed with skill-sets.
Our aim is to contribute towards improving the society of Malaysia in the scope of feeding the homeless and urban poor while helping those who wish to re-enter society.
1. Street Feeding
- Distribution of food to the homeless and underprivileged people.
- On-street medical care by Doctor, Pharmacist and Nurse.
- Hair-cut service by the team of hairstylist.
- Time: Every Saturday night, from 8.30pm to 11pm
2. Food Bank
- Delivering goods to several charitable homes and underprivileged families.
- Time: Every Saturday/Sunday, 9.00am to 4.00pm
3. Food Surplus
- Collecting, repacking fresh produce from supermarket and distributing in night market for those needed.
- Time: –
4. Women Empowerment
- Offering opportunities for single mothers and women to attain a new set of skills to support themselves and their family financially.
- Children day-care and tutoring
- Time: Every Friday, from 2.00pm to 7.30pm
- Venue: Kechara Soup Kitchen Activity Centre, Johor Bahru
- Assisting in food collection and distribution to those homeless and underprivilege people.
- Doctor, nurse, pharmacist and hairstylist are welcomed too in street-feeding activity.
- Teaching and tutoring children in Women Empowerment Project.
Minimum age requirement: 18 years old and above
*Please note that first time volunteers will be required to attend a compulsory orientation briefing prior to going out on the streets. This is to ensure that all volunteers understand our vision, the process of distribution and most importantly, volunteers’ safety.
1. Register as a volunteer before booking your dates to volunteer through the link.
2. Book your chosen date(s) by contacting us after completed the forms. Further detail will be informed.
To find out more about our project or to apply, please look at our website and Facebook page
Please visit event organizer website/page or email organizers at [email protected] for registration procedures.